2020 Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award
Andrew N. Chorney with Gulf Coast Local Section Receives TAPPI Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award for 2020
Achievement award recognizes remarkable leadership and service
TAPPI is pleased to announce that Andrew N. Chorney Sr. has been named winner of the distinguished Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Award. He is Technical Services Manager for Essity Professional Hygiene North America, LLC in Cherokee, Ala.
Chorney has a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Auburn University and was a member of the university’s first solar car race team, the “Sol of Auburn”.
He has more than 29 years of paper industry experience starting with Champion International Corporation in Courtland, Ala, which later became International Paper.
During his career, Chorney has been involved in green field and brown field mill projects from design, construction, startup and operations. He has been active in talent acquisition and training of entry level engineers, operating technicians and maintenance crafts into the paper industry and enjoys building a future for the next generation of paper professionals.
Chorney joined TAPPI in 1991. He is an active participant in the Gulf Coast TAPPI Local Section, sitting on its executive committee and serving in various officerial positions for repeated tenures. He has also been a participating member on the TAPPI Yankee Dryer Safety Committee.
About the Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award:
The Paul W. Magnabosco Outstanding Local Section Member Award recognizes remarkable leadership and service to one or more TAPPI Local Sections. Recipients are individuals whose exceptional service has resulted in significant and measurable benefits to TAPPI Local Sections through a single activity or through longtime efforts.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years. For more information, visit TAPPI’s website.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Past Award Winner
- TAPPI JOURNAL Best Research Paper Award
- Honors Manual
- Membership Anniversaries