2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award
Kerry Figiel Named Recipient of 2019 Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award Renowned honor recognizes ongoing Association contributions
Established in 1983, this is the highest honor the Association can bestow upon an individual for exemplary leadership that has significantly contributed to the advancement of the Association. TAPPI is pleased to announce that Kerry Figiel has been named winner of the prominent Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award.
Figiel has worked for International Paper for the past 38 years and is currently an Engineering Fellow specializing in Process Control, Quality Control Systems and Web Inspection Systems. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the US Military Academy, an MSBA from Boston University, an MS in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana Tech University and is a Professional Engineer.
Figiel has been involved in TAPPI for over 25 years and was the Process Control Division Chairman from 2007-2010, receiving the Process Control Division Leadership and Service Award in 2012. He has served as Division Awards Chairman, Technical Program Chair, and the Conference Chairman for PaperCon 2013. He was a co-author of the TAPPI Process Control Division’s Handbook, “Paper Machine Quality Control System Vol I, Measurement Systems and Product Variability”. Kerry is a member of the 2015 Centennial class of TAPPI Fellows.
About the Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award:
The Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award was established to recognize an individual for voluntary leadership and support. The recipient’s contributions have significantly and demonstrably advanced the mission and vision of the Association and are apparent in specific improvements made in the Association’s internal or external endeavors.
TAPPI is the leading association for the worldwide pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and converting industries and publisher of Paper360°, Tissue360° and TAPPI Journal. Through information exchange, events, trusted content and networking opportunities, TAPPI helps members elevate their performance by providing solutions that lead to better, faster and more cost-effective ways of doing business. It has provided management training and networking to the industry’s leaders for more than 100 years.
Inside this Section
- Coating and Graphic Arts Division Past Winners
- Corrugated Packaging Past Award Winners
- Environmental Past Award Winners
- Engineering Division Past Winners
- Finishing & Converting Past Award Winners
- International Flexible Packaging and Extrusion Division Past Award Winners
- Nanotechnology Division Past Award Winners
- Nonwovens Division Past Award Winners
- Paper & Board Division Past Award Winners
- PIMA Past Award Winners
- Process Control Division Past Award Winners
- Process & Product Quality Division Past Award Winners
- Pulp Manufacture Past Award Winners
- Research and Development Past Award Winners
- Women in Industry Past Award Winner
- TAPPI JOURNAL Best Research Paper Award
- Honors Manual
- Membership Anniversaries