This membership is available to full-time degree candidates enrolled in an accredited science or engineering school as well current student members who are recent graduates during their first year on the job.
Pricing: US $38
Limited to 7 years without special permission
Student Membership package includes:
- Scholarships - TAPPI and its Divisions provide up to $140,000 each year in scholarships, some of which are only available to current student members or student chapter participants.
- Resources - Free access to our e -Library of more than 25,000+ papers and articles, and free access to TAPPI Standards and TIPs.
- Networking - Access to our Member Directory of more than 6,000 professionals in the industry, as well as fellow students.
- Publications - Subscriptions to Paper360°, TAPPI Journal , TAPPI’s Specialty e-Newsletters and other publications.
- Savings - Discounts on all our events, products and services.
For a complete guide to the benefits of TAPPI Student Membership, check out our Student Resources Guide.
For students, TAPPI membership provides access to the people, resources, and information needed to get the most from their college experience and launch a successful pulp, paper, packaging, tissue or converting industry career.
Each year, the TAPPI/PIMA Student Summit gives students a chance to meet peers from other student chapters and attend sessions focused on leadership, career development, industry topics, and other valuable information for those entering paper and packaging careers.
TAPPI and its Local Sections sponsor 33 student chapters located on college campuses around the world. For students in any course of study relevant to forestry, paper, packaging and related industries, student chapters are a great way to meet fellow students, interact with future employers and industry veterans, tour production facilities, and contribute to technical programs.
“TAPPI membership is a powerful tool that can truly enhance your career and personal life. I have made many friends with TAPPI and consider the paper industry to be like family; I have met people who I see as mentors and can learn from their success. TAPPI was an important part of my college education and continues to highly influence my career.”
Sarah Dawkins, Former Student Chapter President and Young Professional Division VP